Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Brrr!!!

Departed: Asheville  NC 10:00 a.m.
Arrived:  Hiawassee, GA  12:30 p.m.
106 miles

Hey Friends,
We went to bed with it raining and woke up this morning with it raining. It was not as cold as I thought in Asheville, but when we got out of the motorhome upon arrival in Hiawassee, I think the temperature was at least 30 degrees cooler! The temperature on the bank clock in downtown Hiawassee showed 43 degrees this afternoon at 3:00. So now after making fun of Mary in her coat and gloves yesterday morning when it was 55, I am now eating crow while she is digging in her closet for her reject pair of gloves to give me. I will be thankful for them when walking the princess!

We saw a restaurant right near the campground on the way in, looked it up online, yes, it even had a website… Chop House, decided it was too cold to grill so we tried it out …  excellent!!!  The chef trained under Emerill, and has several restaurants around, one on Lake Burton and a few other places. I had the best filet ever and blonde brownie with ice cream and caramel to die for!!

This campground is located right on Lake Chatuge… I am now a believer in “lake effect” weather…it is colder outside our motorhome than it was at the restaurant!  We have been here before, I think in the spring two years ago and were amazed at all of the geese here… well maybe not amazed, but more like aggravated. They are messy, make noise, and Halle drags me along, as she is trying to chase them. As we were driving this morning I told Bill, surely they’ll be gone for the winter. Not so… this flock of geese is still hanging around, surely they are going south sometime soon!   They will be wishing they were in the morning, when we awake to 35 degrees! But we'll be cozy between our fleece sheets!
Happy Camping!
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment